Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oxbow Market

Driving today to Napa took an hour and a half in the rain. I overdosed on NPR.

We started at Oxbow Market (think Chelsea Market in NY or the Ferry Building in San Fran) which is the equivalent of Napa's town square. One of the many aspects of harvest that I wish a desk job shared is a shorter day or even more decadent, a day off for rain.

Since my post yesterday was longer than I promised, today I'll be brief:

1- More Brix testing
2- Relabeling bottles (you know why if you read yesterday's post)

We ended at about 3:00p and I was thankful. I realize that learning a new skill after reaching a certain point in life involves negotiating ego and is probably the most difficult piece of machinery I've had to learn to manage so far this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment